Hostel Manager Ireland
The Forum-Mountmellick-Tourist Hostel Manger required (Part-Time Position)
The Manager shall be responsible for the day to day management and running of the Forum-mountmellick tourist hostel. The guest’s satisfaction is of the utmost importance and it is the Manager’s duty to ensure that the Hostel’s operations are carried out to the highest standards and guests enjoy a safe and comfortable stay.
Candidates need to be able to work independently and demonstrate initiative. Experience in hospitality/travel and tourism specifically in a hotels/hostels environment an advantage. The post would present an opportunity for a dynamic person/couple to have input into development of a new business. Applications with relevant transferable skills and experience or potential would be considered.
Ideal candidate will live locally; However, an option to reside may be available subject to the applicant
- Receiving guests on flexible arrival times generally evenings
- Maintain Website/Social media accounts (Facebook & Twitter)
- Telephone enquiries and negotiating group rates
- Maintaining Booking.com database.
- Managing emails
- Housekeeping duties i.e. cleaning, making beds
- Regular inspection of the property and arranging small repair works with pre-approved builder.
- Attending efficiently guest’s requests and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Stocktaking, and placing orders for supplies
- Managing temporary support staff,
- Maintain Check-in and Check-out Procedures and interact with guests
- Provide guests with information regarding local tours
- Maintaining Forums mobile phone.
Extremely flexible position with real opportunity to market the business to its full potential.
Skills Required for Position:
- Experience in the Hospitality industry an advantage but not required.
- Working in your own initiative.
- Motivator and team-builder
- Excellent Communication Skills – both verbal, as well as over the phone and through emails.
- Capable of making independent decisions.
- Computer literacy, excel, word, database management etc familiarity with social media
Conditions, Flexible hours, determined by guest’s arrival and departure, Monthly Salary plus bonus scheme and Subsidised training
The Forum offers great potential for a dynamic person willing to explore opportunities such as New cafe, walking tours, Local Tours
The candidate should be able to demonstrate confidence and ambition to develop their personal career and the role would suit a recent graduate from a Hospitality College or University
Send CV to
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org